Unfortunately, we do not always get the adequate amount of nutrients needed for our body to function and especially in a stressful time such as menopause. I am a proponent of supplementation, why? Because I see how much better people are when given the right nutrients to support their system during this physical and emotional time of change. Here are my standard recommendations:
- Multivitamin/multi-mineral: This is important to make sure you are getting all the vitamin and minerals to sustain normal cellular functioning.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is a "pre-hormone". You need adequate Vitamin D for hormonal production and almost everyone is lacking this.
- Omega Fatty Acids: Omega Fatty Acids are important for the integrity of the cellular membrane. This is where the exchange of nutrients happens and it must be healthy for optimal functioning. Omega Fatty Acids also protect against inflammation.
- Greens Drink / Antioxidants: Antioxidants are important to ward off the bad effects of the toxic environment that we live in. They fight against free radicals, which are the culprit for most disease processes
- Probiotics: Probiotics are "good bacteria" that when replaced provide a healthy gut flora. The exchange of nutrients and hormonal production happen in the gut, and probiotics increase a healthy environment for this.
- Adaptogen Herbs: Deserves a bit more education as this may be new information.
Please visit this site
to learn more about adaptogens.